Albert Hotel, Milparinka, Outback NSW
Built in 1882, the Albert Hotel was the first to be licensed in Milparinka and just one of four hotels in the historic township at theheight of the gold rush. Despite renovations through the years parts of the hotel remain as travellers would have found them more than a century ago.
Located just one kilometre off the Silver City Highway, The Albertis the only hotel remaining between Broken Hill and Tibooburra.Accommodation is available in some of the original rooms, or inmotel-type cabins, share bathroom.
These days Milparinka is known for its award winning heritage restorations and interpretations. Whether staying overnight, or justcalling in for lunch, be sure to visit the Milparinka Heritage Precinct.
Camping and caravan sites are also available. Please enquire at the hotel.
Fly-ins are welcome; S 29 44, E 141 53.
Albert Hotel Accommodation
The Albert Hotel is built around a central courtyard. Several roomsdating from the 1880s line the outer perimeter. Each opens onto thecourtyard and its pond.
A number of cabin style rooms are located outside the hotel.
Albert Hotel Location:
Getting to Milparinka:
- Located just one kilometre off the Silver City Highway, the Albert is the only hotel remaining between Broken Hill and Tibooburra. Accommodation is available in some of the original rooms, or in motel-type cabins, share bathroom.
Driving to Milparinka
There are many different routes that can be taken when driving from any of the capital cities to Milparinka; there are highway routes and adventure routes along the 'road less travelled' via sealed and unsealed roads..
As a general overview:
Warrego Hwy <> Adventure Way <> Noccundra-Warry Warry Rd (Unsealed): Distance = 1,370km approx
Castlereagh Highway > Golden Highway <> Mitchell Highway <> Bourke-Hawker Gate Road (Unsealed): Distance = 1,250km approx
Calder Highway <>Silver City Highway: Distance = 1,130km aprox
Barrier Highway <> Silver City Highway: Distance = 910km approx
See & Do
Milparinka See and Do:
- Sturts Steps Touring Route.
- Depot Glen, Pooles Grave and Sturts Cairn
- Milparinka Heritage Gardens
- Milparinka Architecture Trail
- Milparinka Courthouse Interpretive Centre
- Milparinka Heritage Precinct
More About Our Place
Albert Hotel (cont)
Albert Hotel Services
The Albert Hotel has a bar, dining room and a spacious entertainment and dining area, as well as accommodation.
Call into the Albert Hotel for:
- Lunch and snacks EFTPOS & credit card facilities
- Evening meals Large open fire
- Icy cold beer and soft drinks Souvenirs
- Ice Creams
- Large group catering available for coaches and tours.
Towns & Touring
Towns & Touring:
Milparinka - Touring & Experiences
Map & Contact Us
Milparinka Weather Outlook