Cameron Corner Store, Outback NSW
Cameron Corner is the most remote location in outback New South Wales, and one of the busiest.
Each year several thousand people pass this way, either heading toward the Strzelecki Track, or into the Corner Country from South Australia.
Some even cross over from Queensland. Until 1989 travellers could not purchase fuel, meals or accommodation at Cameron Corner.
That all changed when Sandy Nall built the Store. Today Cheryl and Fenn Miller ( formerly of Port Douglas) call Cameron Corner home.
Cameron Corner Store Accommodation
Cameron Corner Store has a range of accommodation options.
There are family, double and single air-conditioned rooms. These are detached from the store and have share bathrooms. All bedding supplied. Meals at the store.
There are also powered and un-powered campsite, and a camp kitchen for self- catering.
Bush camping also available.
Cameron Corner Store Location:
Getting to Cameron Corner:
- Cameron Corner is located 140 km west of Tibooburra, at the junction of the New South Wales, South Australian and Queensland borders.
- Cameron Corner Store is location on the Queensland side of the Wild Dog Fence.
- When travelling from New South Wales, pass through the border gate and take the track that veers slightly to the right. This will lead straight to the store, which you can see just a hundred or so metres away.
- From South Australia, take the left fork toward the store before passing through the gate into New South Wales
- From Noccundra/Dig Tree travel direct to Cameron Corner and then on to Tibooburra – Milparinka.
Driving to Cameron Corner
As a general overview:
Warrego Hwy <> Adventure Way <> Noccundra-Warry Warry Rd (Unsealed) <> Cameron Corner Road (Unsealed): Distance = 1,506km approx
Castlereagh Highway > Golden Highway <> Mitchell Highway <> Bourke-Hawker Gate Road (Unsealed): Distance = 1,250km approx
Calder Highway <> Silver City Highway <> Cameron Corner Road: Distance = 1,305km aprox
Barrier Highway <> Silver City Highway <> Cameron Corner Road: Distance = 985km approx
See & Do
Cameron Corner See and Do:
- Tri State Golf – play 9 holes in three states through SA, into NSW, through the dog fence and back into QLD.
- Certificate supplied.
- Celebrate New Year's Eve...three times in three time zones!
More About Our Place
Cameron Corner Store (cont)
Cameron Corner is the location in outback New South Wales, and the last watering hole in South West Queensland and one of the busiest. Each year several thousand people pass this way, either heading toward the Strzelecki Track from NSW and Queensland, or into the Corner Country from South Australia. A real outback crossroads.
Some even cross over from Queensland. Until 1989 travellers could not purchase fuel, meals or accommodation at Cameron Corner. That all changed when Sandy Nall built the Store. Today Cheryl and Fenn Miller ( formerly of Port Douglas) call Cameron Corner home.
Ask Cheryl why she lives where she lives she'll probably say that she "loves the remoteness, quietness and the desert, the people you meet, and the locals..."
The Cameron Corner Store is open seven days a week for meals, fuel, and minor vehicle repairs.
Map & Contact Us
Cameron Corner Weather Outlook
Food, Fuel and Emergency Services
Outback NSW is very well serviced by food and fuel outlets as well as emergency services but the Counter Country is more remote so good planning is the key to safe outback travel.
The following downloadable file highlights what is available in the Corner Country; download, and even print a copy, as a ready reckoner.