Corynnia Station, Outback NSW
A perfect halfway stop between Sydney and Adelaide or an experience not to miss on your outback adventure.
Corynnia Station offers guests two stylishly decorated, 1940's cottages set within glorious homestead gardens that have been featured in many publications or a new, authentically Australian, lodge style facility catering for up to twelve guests.
Winner of the 2015 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award with a 5:5 guest rating. Our guests firmly recommend a minimum two-night stay, time allowing.
A unique, pet-friendly, halfway stop between Sydney and Adelaide or an experience not to miss on your Outback Adventure. For people travelling from the east this is the beginning of the real Outback.
Corynnia Station Accommodation
The Pink Palace:
- Accommodation for a couple or single in the charming one bedroom 1940's guest house complete with queen sized bed, private sitting room and newly refurbished bathroom.
- Fully equipped Cook House (kitchen/dining).
- $175 per night including full breakfast hamper. Stay two nights and enjoy a farm tour experience for one hour valued at $150 per couple - for half price. (subject to availability).
- Accommodation for up to four guests in our delightful two bedroom guesthouse complete with private sitting room and bathroom.
- Fully equipped shared Cook House (kitchen/dining).
- $220 per night for up to four guests and including a full breakfast hamper.
- Stay two nights and enjoy a farm tour experience for one hour valued at $175 per couple - for half price. (price (subject to availability).
- New authentically Australian six bedroom lodge.
- Perfect for families, friends or groups.
- Guests can also book a single room here.
- Six rooms for up to twelve guests in one queen and five twin bedrooms.
- Two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, sitting room, indoor and outdoor dining, veranda. $500 per night for entire six bedroom lodge or $100 per night per room.
- Dinner hampers $30 per person served with delicious garden salads and/or vegetables sourced from the homestead garden or local growers
- We are licensed and can offer guests a limited choice of beers and wines.
- Guests can also self cater in fully equipped Cook House which is our shared guest kitchen and dining room.
- Bring all supplies as there are no shops nearby.
Corynnia Station Location:
Getting to Corynnia Station:
BY LIGHT AIRCRAFT - prior arrangement only
- Well maintained, dry weather airstrip available with personal insurance.
- GPS co-ordinates 34.212583,145.554256. 850 meters long. Direction 21,03. No overrun. Well marked, windsocks.
- A perfect halfway stop on the road between Sydney and Adelaide.
- A great place to start your Outback Adventure.
From Griffith to Corynnia Station: Take the Kidman Way from Griffith towards Hillston. Travel approximately 25kms from Griffith to Tabbita (see wheat silos). Turn left into Tabbita Lane & travel approximately 23kms. Turn left at Cameron Rd onto unsealed road. Proceed past 'No Through Road' signs & over three grids. At third grid turn left and follow signs to homestead.
From Hay to Corynnia Station: Take the Sturt Highway from Hay for 55 kilometres. Turn left off the highway over the Murrumbidgee River into Carrathool. Cross the railway line onto unsealed road & proceed for approximately 25kms to Corynnia Station on the right. Proceed through gates to homestead - 5.5 kilometers. Please leave gates as you find them.
See & Do
Corynnia Station See and DoStunning homestead gardens, pool, tennis court, croquet, camp fires, farm tours, historic shearing shed, paddock picnics, lots of friendly animals, 400 hectare ancient black box dry swamp which is a haven for birds and native wildlife and perfect for bush walking, bird watching and observing native animals.
- Experience the famous 180 degree skies of the Hay Plains, breathtaking sunsets and clear night skies with trillions of stars sparkling clearly and seemingly close enough to touch!
- Always lots to do and see in the outback town of Hay.
- Griffith is a thriving multicultural city established on irrigated farming.
- Altina Wildlife Park.
More about Barkala
Corynnia Station (cont)
Corynnia Station accommodates up to twenty one guests in air-conditioned comfort in two authentic, stylishly decorated, 1940's cottages set within glorious homestead gardens that have been featured in many publications. Alternatively, guests can enjoy the new six bedroom lodge accommodating up to twelve guests or our Homestead VIP suite.
Pool, tennis court, croquet and pushbikes. The artistically designed gardens are often described by guests as ‘an oasis in the desert’ and a massive contrast to the surrounding landscape….Julie's labour of love in such a harsh environment.
Lay back and appreciate the outback tranquility but also lots to do too. Bush walking under vast outback skies, farm tours, paddock picnics, camp fires, star gazing under the clear outback skies, bird watching & observing native wildlife in our 400ha ancient dry box swamp.
Bruce is passionate about his merino flock, agriculture and aviation. Corynnia Station produces irrigated crops including cotton, rice and sheep feed. A farm tour with Bruce (subject to availability depending on the farm program) is always of great interest to our guests.
The fashion industry was Julie’s domain for thirty years. Her creativity and sense of style is reflected in the gardens and buildings in which her paintings are displayed.
Map & Contact Us
Hay Weather Outlook