Goodwood Station, Outback NSW
Goodwood is a wonderful place to 'park' between Wanaaring and Wilcannia or on your way to or from White Cliffs in the Far West of NSW.
The stationstay offers refurbished Shearers Quarters accommodation, catering for up to 12 guests.
We are also RV, Campervan and Camping friendly at either the Shearers Quarters themselves, or Woolshed Waterhole on Pine Creek.
Goodwood is situated next door to the amazing Paroo Darling National Park and is 45minutes drive from Peery Lake and the Mound Springs. Enjoy a guided tour of Peery (during the school holidays), birdwatching, bushwalking and our outstanding ecosystems ripe for photographers, artists and anyone that wants to learn about Outback NSW.
Goodwood Station Accommodation
Goodwood Shearers Shed:
- 6 x accommodation rooms – with two single beds in each room (sleeping a total of 12).
- Limited bedding packs available upon request when booking ($11/bed).
- Cost: From $54/room per night.
Woolshed Water Hole:
- RV, Campervan and camping friendly area approximately 150m from the Shearers Quarters.
- Cost: $10/pp per night for those who are fully self-contained.
- $15/pp per night with use of amenities at the Shearers Quarters.
Goodwood Station Location:
Getting to Goodwood Station:
- We are 46km north east of White Cliffs on unsealed roads through the Paroo Darling NP; approx 180 kms south west of Wanaaring & 110kms north west of Wilcannia on the main unsealed road between Wanaaring & Wilcannia.
- The Stationstay is signposted on this road as is the name of the Station at the turnoff.
- Alternately, people can travel through White Cliffs Via Wilcannia (this part is sealed) and get directions from the White Cliffs Outback Store or the White Cliffs Pub.
Driving to White Cliffs
As a general overview:
Warrego Highway <> Newell Highway <>Gwydir Highway <> Darling River Road <> White Cliffs Road: Distance = 1,343km approx
Castlereagh Highway > Golden Highway <> Mitchell Highway <> Barrier Highway <> White Cliffs Road: Distance = 1,043km approx
Hume Highway <> Cobb Highway <> Long Paddock <> White Cliffs Road: Distance = 909km aprox
Barrier Highway <> White Cliffs Road: Distance = 806km approx
See & Do
Goodwood Station See and Do:
On Goodwood Station:
- On Goodwood StationBirdwatching – Goodwood has a wonderful array of birdlife including birds of prey, pigeons, finches, parrots and of course the good old emu. Anytime of year is a great time for birdwatching, although springtime is wonderful with much of the vegetation in flower as well.
- Bushwalkng - Goodwood has two main graded tracks which are great for walkers. The northern track takes in rocky escarpments, creeks, waterholes and lots of good 'goat' country. The southern track runs through to the Paroo Darling National Park and is more undulating. Big Creeks and big outback views are a must to see.
- Relaxing - In and around the Shearers quarters out in the winter sun or under the enclosed BBQ area. Only a short walk to the Pine Creek waterhole or Agnes Blanche's Grave.
- Meals at the Station Homestead – Available to groups of 4 or more upon request.
At Paroo-Darling NP:
- Peery Lake Tag-a-long Tour - Run by staff based at the White Cliffs NPWS Visitor Centre.
- Tours are generally run as part of the "Discovery" program through the School holidays, however staff will run a tour for groups of 8 or more upon request.
- Contact NPWS 08 8083 7900.
In White Cliffs:
- Red Earth Opal Showroom
- The Opal Mine Tour
- Aussie Southern Cross Opals
- White Cliffs Sporting Club
- Paroo-Darling NP Visitor Centre
- The Stubbie House
- Fossikers Den
- White Cliffs Outback Store & Information Centre
- Linda George's Jewellery
More About Our Place
Goodwood Station (cont)
Join the Turner Family on the verandah of the Homestead for a meal and experience a slice of Station Life whether it's the Poddy lambs, working dogs or School of the Air.
The Turner Family welcome visitors to Goodwood to experience life on a 90 000 acre, 3rd generation owned and run sheep station via White Cliffs NSW.
Zane's passion lies with our Dohne sheep, our second source of income – free range goats and our beautiful children. Louise has a background in Environmental Science & Cultural Heritage Management.
As well as being a Mum to two small children, Louise is committed to the White Cliffs district and is committed to the local CWA Branch, local Tourism and Western Landcare NSW. Since becoming a 'stay at home' Mum, Louise has become passionate about upcycling old furniture and good homestyle cooking.
Map & Contact Us
White Cliffs Weather Outlook