Nelia Gaari Station, Outback NSW
Lookinq for a quiet convenient spot on the Darling River to park your caravan/camper van or four wheel drive for overnight or as long as you like? Call in and check out our great camp sites. Relax and experience the quiet and restful solitude of the Darling River.
Greg and Lily welcome you to Nelia Gaari Station, a sheep and cattle property which has been in the Martin family for over 30 years. We have been running the property ourselves for the past seven years and three years ago we decided it was time to start sharing our beautiful stretch of the Darling River with all of those who are traveling this great country of ours.
Nelia Gaari Station Accommodation
- Choose your spot by the Darling River; our camp sites are natural, secluded spots with absolute river frontage.
- There is a gas BBQ as well as shower and toilet facilities. All camp sites are unpowered; if necessary bring your own generator for lighting etc.
- Rates $10 per adult per night, children under 16 years $5 per night.
- Five bedrooms- sleeps up to 12. Fully equipped kitchen and full laundry facilities.
- Linen supplied and only 100 metres from River.
- $95 per double per night, $20 per extra adult per night Children under 16 years $10 per night.
Nelia Gaari Station Location:
Getting to Nelia Gaari Station:
- By Car: We are situated on the west side river road half way between Menindee and Wilcannia. One hour drive from Menindee (80 km including 60 km unsealed road) One hour drive from Wilcannia (90 km unsealed road) Two hours drive from Broken Hill (160 km including 60 km unsealed road) Four wheel drive isn't necessary but recommended. Please check road conditions if there has been rain the area. Unsealed roads are closed in the event of rain.
- By Plane: Unsealed airstrip 500 metres from homestead. 700 metres NS EW cross strip with wind sock.
Driving to Meninee
There are many different routes that can be taken when driving from any of the capital cities to Menindee. The following is an overview of the routes from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide that may help you in planning your outback experience.
Warrego Hwy <> Darling River Run (Unsealed): Distance = 1,387km approx
The Great Western Highway > Mitchell Highway > Darling River Run (Unsealed): Distance = 1,105km approx
Calder Highway <> Darling River Run (Unsealed): Distance = 802km aprox
Barrier Highway <> Menindee-Broken Hill Rd: Distance = 630km approx
See & Do
Nelia Gaari Station See and Do
- Whilst here you can enjoy fishing for cod and perch, have a go at catching yabbies and shrimp, have a game of golf on our new 9 hole golf course or just kick back and relax, have a drink or two around the camp fire and enjoy the natural surrounds which are perfect for those who are keen on bird life, photography and painting scenes.
- At certain times throughout the year when we are shearing, crutching or lamb marking visitors are welcome to take a drive from their campsite on the river 30km out to our woolshed to experience what goes on at these very busy times on a sheep and cattle station.
Towns & Touring
Towns & Touring:
Map & Contact Us
Menindee Weather Outlook