Walls Court, Outback NSW
Relish the tranquillity and comfort of your Walls Court suite as you laze on the veranda observing the birds in the garden. Children have fun feeding chooks, gathering eggs and patting dogs.
Gain more from your visit to the zoo; we are volunteer guides. Revel in crowd free shopping precincts or savour the wine tastings at nearby Red Earth Winery.
Explore attractions yourself or take advantage of our familiarity with the area. Your pet is welcome by arrangement. Learn a new craft by making a pair of silver earrings for a small additional cost. Use this as the start of your outback experience.
Walls Court Accommodation
- Best for couples
- Sleeps four – has a queen-sized bed, day-bed and trundle.
- There is a small breakfast area.
- Pets allowed by arrangement.
- The Stables is best for families, sleeps four – has a king sized bed, two single beds and a day bed.
- The family room has a large dining table and the unit is wheel chair friendly.
- Tariffs: Double $160, Extra person $30
- Full, cooked Breakfast using homegrown/local produce where possible)
- Meals, by arrangement, twenty four hours notice please.
- Entree $10, Mains $20, Sweets $10. Grazing Tray or Picnic Basket $20 per person..
Walls Court Location:
Getting to Walls Court:
Approximately 12 km south of Dubbo on the same road as the Western Plains Zoo entrance - a great starting place for your outback experience.
- From the West Dubbo Roundabout take the Newell Highway heading South towards Parkes, turn left onto the Obley Road (the same road as the zoo entrance), 6.6 kms.
- Turn right into Belmont Road, half a km. left into Belgravia Road, 2 kms.
- Left into Belgravia Heights Road. We are the last gate on the left (1.1km.)
Driving to Dubbo
There are many different routes that can be taken when driving from any of the capital cities to Dubbo. The following is an overview of the routes from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide that may help you in planning your outback experience.
Warrego Hwy <> Newell Highway: Distance = 850km approx
Western Freeway <> Castlereagh Highway: Distance = 405km approx
Hume Highway <> Newell Highway: Distance = 832km aprox
Sturt Highway <> Newell Highway: Distance = 1,163km approx
See & Do
Walls Court & Dubbo See and Do
Relish the tranquillity and comfort of your Walls Court suite as you laze on the veranda observing the birds in the garden. At Walls Court, learn a new craft by making a pair of silver earrings for a small additional cost. Watch the joy your children have feeding sheep and chooks and gathering eggs. Gain more from your visit to Western Plains Zoo; your hosts are volunteer zoo guides. Other attractions nearby area:
- Western Plains Zoo
- Red Earth Estate Winery
- Dundullimal, the oldest slab house in Australia
- Dubbo Farmers' Markets 1st and 3rd Saturday each month
- Old Dubbo Gaol
- Western Plains Cultural Centre
- Garling Gallery
- Bill O'Shea's Gallery
- Dubbo Arts and Crafts
- Retail Therapy
More About Our Place
Walls Court (cont)
Neil and Nancy are both from farming families; Neil, originally from the Riverina and Nancy from Victoria.
Walls Court is named after Neil's grandfather's home in England. They have spent over thirty years farming north of Dubbo. Both are volunteer guides at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
They aim to offer the hospitality they enjoyed while travelling and staying in bed and breakfasts overseas. Local produce is used in catering where possible.
Witness breathtaking sunsets and amazing birdlife. Guests are invited to fish, swim, bushwalk and birdwatch. Bring along your own canoe or fishing boat. Caravaning & camping is also available.
A bird watcher's and photographer's paradise, with over 20,000 waterbirds of more than 35 species having been observed. In November 2015 the endangered Little Bittern nested and hatched chicks in the surrounding wetlands!
Replace your alarm clock with the gentle sound of bird calls, bask in amazing sunsets that become star studded skies, and arise to clear sunrises signalling the start of your day!
Map & Contact Us
Dubbo Weather Outlook