Warrawong on the Darling, Outback NSW
Warrawong on the Darling, a brand new purpose built Modern Cabin, Caravan and Camping accommodation ground situated just off the Barrier Hwy on 12km of Darling River frontage between Cobar and Broken Hill, 3km from historic Wilcannia.
Warrawong offers you a high-spec amenities block, beautiful scenery including lush grassy sites along the natural lagoon and river, providing caravaners and campers the comfort they long for – great for a night stopover or longer.
Experience the real Australian Outback in comfort with an abundance of wildlife and unspoilt tranquility, simply sit and watch the amazing variety of birds and the ever-changing colours of the sunsets.
Take day trips to White Cliffs, Tilpa, Louth, Paroo Darling National Park, Menindee and the Menindee Lakes, Broken Hill, and the historic river port of Wilcannia – the rough diamond gem of the Outback.
Warrawong on the Darling Accommodation
Staying At Warrawong:
- 1700 Acres of working farm land
- 12km of Darling river frontage
- Beautiful large natural lagoon on property
- Brand new high-spec amenities block, laundry facilities, camp kitchen and BBQ areas
- Large grassy powered and unpowered caravan sites (water frontage)
- Endless natural, secluded camp sites on the river or lagoon.
- There is a gas BBQ as well as shower and toilet facilities. All camp sites are unpowered; if necessary bring your own generator for lighting etc.
- $37.00 per 2 persons per night for a powered site, extra person $10.00, extra child $5.00
- $25.50 per 2 persons per night for a unpowered site, extra person $10.00 child $5.00
- $22.00 per 2 persons per night for a bush-camping site, no Facilities. Extra person $5.00
- $150.00 per night for the self-contained house, spa, water frontage extra person $20.00
Warrawong on the Darling Location:
Getting to Warrawong on the Darling:
- Warrawong on the Darling is located on the Barrier Highway, just before Wilcannia (coming from Cobar) or 3km past Wilcannia (coming from Broken Hill)
Driving to Wilcannia
There are many different routes that can be taken when driving from any of the capital cities to Wilcannia. The following is an overview of the routes from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide that may help you in planning your outback experience.
Warrego Hwy <> Darling River Run (Unsealed): Distance = 1,230km approx
The Great Western Highway > Castlereagh Highway > Barrier Highway: Distance = 950km approx
Hume Highway > Cobb Highway <> Long Paddock (50% Unsealed): Distance = 810km aprox
Barrier Highway: Distance = 718km approx
See & Do
Warrawong on the Darling & Balranald See and Do
- Cultural Tours Hosted by Eddy Harris: A local Wilcannian man and part of the Bakandji (which means river people) tribe. Eddy draws in the land and his history for inspiration to create his works and has built an amazing catalogue of paintings, carvings, engraving didgeridoos and boomerangs. Eddy will be based at Warrawong on the Darling with a studio and gallery located on-site in the reception building. The tour takes approximately 2 hours to complete and provides valuable insight into the local area.
- Mutawintji National Park: Mutawintji has been a significant place in the lives of local Aboriginal people for a long time. In years gone by it served as a place for large gatherings where business, social and cultural interests were furthered. In 1998, after a long struggle by the traditional owners, their land was returned to them. It is now held by the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council and a Board of Management oversees the operation of the park. Mutawintji National Park Historic Site tours are accessed through local tour operators.
- Paroo-Darling National Park: The Paroo-Darling Visitor Centre is located in White Cliffs. There are five different locations that make up Paroo- Darlig national Park.
- Peery Lake near White Cliffs,
- Mount Murchison and Wilga between Wilcannia and Tilpa
- Coach and Horse Campground is also located here 52 km from Wilcannia,
- Coonavitra on the Barrier Hwy at Emmdale.
Map & Contact Us
Wilcannia Weather Outlook